Renjana

ren·ja·na n rasa hati yang kuat (rindu, cinta kasih, berahi, dan sebagainya)
dedicated to my very own Re

It was unusually cold when I woke up that morning. I gripped my quilt, and wrap3d myself up like a burrito. Suddenly, Raehan burst through my room door. "Mas!" He exclaimed, calling me as the only thing he has known to call me. I groan. I want to sleep, and Raehan that early in the morning equals to no sleeping in.
"Mas Hekaall!" Raehan went on to shaking my body. I rolled up into a ball. "It's a snow day!" Raehan cried when I finally sat up. Raehan layed on top of my blanket, making "snowangels".
"Well, you didn't have to wake me up." I replied.
"I thought you'd like to know," Raehan frowned.
"Alright," I quickly got out of the bed. "Race you outside!" Re and I ran, grabbing our coats and snowpants along the way.
As I bolt to the apartment door, Mom got in my way. "Hey, where do you think you're going?"
"Outside!" Exclaimed Raehan. He ran to the door and touched it. "I win!"
"Mom!" I cried.
Mom ruffled my hair. "Breakfast,"
"I'm not hungry," Raehan said. I nodded.
"Orange juice and berry pancakes with maple syrup and whip cream. Not hungry?"
"Make it apple juice." I said.
Mom chuckled. "Okay,"

The breakfast was amazing, I finished it in five minutes. Raehan has a smaller mouth, so he takes longer. I watched TV as I wait for him. There was a commercial on the new Play Station, something I've always wanted. Mom saw me looking at it. "You don't need that," she said. "You can play with Rae." I didn't answer.

We got to the park 15 minutes later, around 9 o'clock, when the sun is shining enough so it's not too cold. The park near our house is built on a hill, perfect for sledding down on.
We sled down the hill, taking turns. There was flurries, making the time a hundred times more memorable. I watched Raehan laughing as he sleds down, then running as fast as his little legs could take him back up the hill. He gave me the sled and shouted along as he watches me go down the hill. For Raehan, just looking at me sledding is a thrill. For me, just watching this video now is a thrill. I'm glad Mom took it.

After some time, we had a snowball fight. I don't remember who won. Then, we made snowangels. We walked home, me dragging our sled while Raehan runs ahead, sticking his tounge out to catch the falling snowflakes. Gifts from the sky.

As soon as we got inside the house, Raehan asked for some hot chocolate. Mom made it for the both of us.

Happiness. That simple.

I looked at Raehan by the heater, his snowpants and hat still on, a milk moustache on his face. The sled was next to him, still a bit wet from the snow. We might not have much, but we have each other, and we have a lot of fun together. And even though I might never say I love him, I'm sure he knows I do. It's something you don't need to say out loud. It's just there, among the smiles and laughter you share, among the warmth in the air, no matter how cold it is outside.

I pause the video that has been playing over and over for some time now. I wipe the tears from my eyes. I am laughing, smiling, but I am sad.
Renjana.




Tuesday, October 2nd
Padmalya Supangkat

Comments

  1. I miss him too Moy....disappeared with him my past, future, and heart

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#dibuangsayang99

Ask Me

Life by Me: Welcome To Walker